Monday, March 6, 2017

COST OF HEALTH:

    Aug. 2016....I had two stints put in my heart, Not fun ...but... no choice. I'm 71 years old and on Medicare.....At the time I started on SS, at 62, me and my wife's only income was SS, so I DIDN'T sign up for part B, which you have to pay for....Every thing goes well for about 9 years...then the heart thing......The hospital, in Oct. realized, I didn't have part B Medicare, that would normally pay them......SO they billed me....$203,000, IF I had part B...that what Medicare would have payed them, no questions ask.......long story short....we (hospital and me) after very little discussion settled on $2,000, to be payed in 6 installments....by me.........DID I SAVE MEDICARE $203,000...?  And just how does a hospital stay of ONE day cost Medicare over 200K dollars, but me (without Medicare) only 2K.....?  Do you understand now.....why insurance is so expensive...IT"S THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY.....OVER CHARGING THE INSURANCE COMPANY'S, AND NO ONE SAYING ANYTHING TO STOP THEY...If YOU had to pay the bills they sent out, YOU'D complain.....and costs would go down......

No comments:

Post a Comment